- Mayor-elect Harry Rilling will be sworn in as Norwalk's mayor in a 12:30 p.m. Tuesday ceremony in the Community Room at Norwalk City Hall. Governor Dannel P. Malloy will administer the oath of office.
- "Join exhibiting artists Tom Berntsen, Jeanine Esposito, Constance Kiermaier, and Cynthia MacCollum from the Guild Group Show 'In the Layers' for an illuminating discussion of their current exhibition" at 6 p.m., Tuesday, at the Silvermine Arts Center in New Canaan. "Artist talks are opportunities to get guided tours of the exhibitions and meet and interact with the artists. Don't miss this informative talk."
- Join us on Thursday, Nov. 21 at Aitoro [401 Westport Ave., Norwalk] for A Taste of Fairfield County–a night of food tasting, wine, music and raffles to benefit Homeless Services at Family & Children’s Agency. A Taste of Fairfield County will feature small bites from local restaurants and caterers for guests to taste. Tickets are $40 per person for the event [...] Join us, along with friends of the agency across Fairfield County, for a wonderful evening!"
- On Thursday: "The Spire School presents: Clinical Psychologist and Silver Hill Hospital's Adolescent Consultant, Dr. Barbara Greenberg, who will challenge your assumptions on parenting tweens and teens in a free information session." 6 p.m., Thursday in Stamford. " Come and learn what encompasses self-harm including drug use, eating issues, cutting and the risk of suicide. Dr. Greenberg will also address self-harm as it relates to family dynamics, peer relationships and alternative methods of coping. Reservations are free, but required by emailingKConway@GreenwichEdGroup.com."
- Twenty-two model lighthouses "are helping to light the
way for visitors during the 12th annual Festival of Lighthouses
Contest at The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk. There are seven entries from Norwalk alone!
Visitors can follow these homemade beacons through the galleries and cast a vote for their favorite. The lighthouse that gets the most votes wins $1,500. There are cash awards for five runners-up too."