What to remember in Norwalk today.
- St. Valentine's Day is Monday and St. Valentine's Day Weekend is upon us. No plans? Even if you don't have a romantic bone in your body (and perhaps especially so in that case), we've got the for you.
- Abraham Lincoln passed through Norwalk on the New Haven Line in the presidential election of 1860, on his way into New York City. He spoke in Connecticut but not in Norwalk (Bridgeport was the closest place he stopped). Connecticut state offices, including courts and the Department of Motor Vehicles offices are of the Great Emancipator's birthday, which is actually tomorrow. When DMV offices are back open, as usual. New York state courts are also closed today, but not the rest of New York state offices, nor any federal or local government offices, or, really, anything else. On Monday, Westchester County, NY, government offices will close for Lincoln's Birthday.
- , a restaurant on North Main St. in SoNo, has just opened. Their all-you-can-eat style of service is called "rodizio", and it's from Brazil, although the food is Italian. Find out more in .
- Sneha Bethi, interviewed in Norwalk, explains why she prefers chocolate on St. Valentine's Day in our latest video.
- The cheapest price for gasoline in Norwalk today is at four different gas stations: , , and Main Avenue Global at 347 Main Ave.—$3.33 at each.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now