Search Results
Norwalk City Hall
125 East Ave, Norwalk, CT 06851

Built in 1912, City Hall is the main government building in Norwalk.

At City Hall, you'll find the offices forMore the building management department, comptroller, conservation, finance, grants department, human relations, mayor, planning and zoning, public works, recreation and parks, tax assessor, tax collector and youth services.

Various city commissions and the common council hold meetings in City Hall. Notices and agendas for upcoming meetings and city events can be found at the information desk on the first floor. You can also find other legal notices there.

Attached to City Hall is the Norwalk Concert Hall, where events and concerts are held. Its schedule can be found on the city website.

Norwalk City Hall
125 East Ave, Norwalk, CT 06851
The Norwalk City Hall is a government building that acts as the central hub for town affairs. It's home to the town'sMore finance, housing, building, planning and zoning departments.
Mayor's Gallery - Norwalk City Hall
125 East Ave, Norwalk, CT 06851
The Mayor's Gallery is an art gallery that is free and open to the public. It is located on the 5th floor of the CityMore Hall building. The gallery features work by local Boston artists who have received artistic recognition through grants, awards and more. 
Norwalk Conservation Office
125 East Ave, Norwalk, CT 06851

Found in city hall, the conservation office is responsible for protecting the environment inMore Norwalk. Conservation has its own enforcement and support staff charged with three tasks: to ensure the safety of the water supply, to monitor activities in and around wetland and watercourse areas, and to protect and suggest uses for open space while monitoring natural resource inventories.

The aquifer protection agency regulates activities that occur near the city's water wells. It also provides enforcement based on APA rules. The APA board meets the second and fourth Thursday of each month in city hall in the planning and zoning conference room on the second floor.

Norwalk residents, aside from being thankful for safe drinking water, must also work with the conservation office when renovating their homes or businesses. In order to receive a permit, the conservation office must review the property to determine the appropriate level of permission. The inland wetlands commission meets the second and fourth Tuesday of every month in city hall's Room 231.

The City of Norwalk's conservation website has additional information, including forms and frequently asked questions.

Norwalk Tax Assessor
125 East Ave, Norwalk, CT 06851

The Tax Assessment office "discovers, lists, and values" all taxable and exempt properties in the City of Norwalk.More All records are made available to the public. Interested parties can review property boundaries (according to the tax maps), sales indices, streets, and living summaries. In addition to managing residential and commercial property taxes, the Tax Assessor also administers the personal property tax program. This office is located in City Hall.


See more »