- "Each year the St. Philip [Church] Youth design and build their own
haunted house at the Youth Activity Center. Prepare to be scared this year on
the following dates: Friday Oct. 25 & Saturday, Oct, 26 – 6 to 9
p.m. Lights on for little ones from 6:00 to 6:30 p.m.
Sunday, October 27 -- 4:30 to 6:00 p.m.
$6 ages 12 & Up -- $4.00 under 12." -- from an event listing on Norwalk Patch
- "Take a lantern lit tour through the Mill Hill Historic Park graveyard on Friday, Oct. 25 & Saturday, Oct. 26. Tours: 6pm, 7:30pm & 9pm. Listen to the re-enactors tell NEW chilling tales from the Norwalk spirits at “A Haunting at Mill Hill”. Refreshments follow each tour in the historic 1826 Little Red Schoolhouse. Bring a flashlight and a friend! Get your tickets early... limited space on each tour." -- from an event listing on Norwalk Patch
- At the Lockwood-Mathews Mansion Museum: "The Ghostly Sightings Tour will focus on the history of the
house, when it was a private residence, between 1868 and 1938. Visitors
may encounter a ghost who is haunted by those memories and walks through
the first and second floors of the Mansion during tour hours, but only
at Halloween! Tours will be offered [Friday] Oct. [...] 25 from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Tickets for The Ghostly Sightings Tour are $20 per person. Reservations are recommended." -- from an event listing on Norwalk Patch
- Do the Time Warp at the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk. Dress up and join a live cast who will act out “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” while the campy cult-classic plays on the IMAX screen, [Saturday] Oct. 26, 2013 at 9 p.m. at the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk.
- Children are invited to an interactive story time with Karen Hall at SoNo Marketplace on Saturday, Oct. 26 at 11 a.m. Children are encouraged to come in their Halloween costumes and 'Trick or Treat' the marketplace for goodies from our merchants after story hour ends." -- from an event listing on Norwalk Patch. "Children of all ages are invited to SoNo Marketplace for a Trick or Treat celebration. Stroll the market and visit each merchant for Halloween treats and sweets! Costumes are optional. [Saturday and Sunday] October 26 & 27." -- from another event listing.
- "Join us at The Hairy Barker on Sunday, Oct. 27, at 11 a.m. Bring your kids and your four-legged best friend. Parade with us to Chunky Pam's Sweet Shop, 1096 Post Rd., downtown Darien. We have prizes for best two legged and best four legged costumes. Every registered entrant will get a good bag full of treats. Details in the flyer include a request for a $1 donation to the Darien Depot and a new or used toy for shelter dogs" -- an announcement on Darien Patch
- Take the Maritime Aquarium's Marine Life Study Cruise in Norwalk Harbor on Saturday at 1 p.m., the last one of the year: "Cruise out for close encounters with crabs, fish, lobsters and always a few surprises when you come aboard the research vessel Oceanic. [...] Aquarium educators put participants to work in collecting and examining animals. [...] Tickets are $20.50, or $18.50 for Aquarium members. Maritime Aquarium Study Cruises are good for ages 8 and older. Space on the Oceanic is limited so advance reservations are strongly recommended. Walk-up tickets will be sold, space permitting. [...] Purchase tickets or get more details at www.maritimeaquarium.org or (203)852-0700, ext. 2206."
- "As part of an ongoing effort to prevent identity theft in the community, Bankwell in New Canaan is providing free on-site shredding services at the Bank’s 208 Elm St. branch on Saturday, Oct. 26, from 9 a.m. until noon." -- from an announcement on Darien Patch
* * *
Traveling on I-95? Concerned about traffic? Here are links to the Connnecticut Department of Transportation traffic cams (“SB” means southbound; “NB” means northbound):