- Brown Bag Lunch With the Police Chiefs. Wed., Jan. 8. Stop by to meet the Norwalk Police Chiefs or to discuss any concerns. The meeting is open to the public and meets the 1st Wednesday of every month. 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM Police HQ, 1 Monroe Street, Community room.
- Mayor's Night Out. Mayor Harry W. Rilling will host his second Mayor’s Night Out on Wednesday, Jan. 8, at 7:00 p.m. The location is the East Norwalk Library, 51 Van Zant Street, Norwalk. Department Heads will be in attendance and invite Norwalk residents for their comments and input on City Services.
- St. Matthew K of C in Norwalk Annual Free Throw Champsionship
Friday, Jan. 10, 2014 at All Saints Catholic School's gym, 139 West Rocks Road, Norwalk.
- Fairfield County Antique & Design Center "ATypicalFind Auctions" First Auction: January 8, 2013 at 6:30p.m. Starting January 8th Atypicalfind table auctions will be held every Wednesday evening at 6:30pm. Consign your items or come to find great buys. Items available for preview the day of each auction. The auction will take place at the recently opened Fairfield County Antique & Design Center, a giant multi-dealer space on the Norwalk/Westport line, which features items from industrial to deco.
- "Twilight Admission" at Stepping Stones. For a limited time enjoy Tuesday through Friday afternoons at Stepping Stones for half the price. Take advantage of a great deal and enjoy our special brand of play-based learning and kid-powered fun. Twilight hour pricing is in effect through Friday, March 28. The half-off admission price is valid Tuesday to Friday only, for entrance between 3:00 - 5:00 pm. The special offer is not available on Martin Luther King Jr. Day or Presidents Day. This offer is not to be combined with any other discounts, coupons or special deals.
- Play With Your Food lunchtime theater program will be held Jan. 7-9 at Toquet Hall in Westport and Jan. 14 at Fairfield Theatre Company from 12-1:30 p.m. The programs include a buffet lunch and dessert catered by The Pantry of Fairfield, followed by readings of short plays by professional actors. In January, audiences will be treated to an ensemble cast of five actors reading: Package Deal by comedy writer Frederick Stroppel, Finding Mona Lisa by Florida playwright Michael McKeever and an excerpt of Pulitzer Prize-/Tony Award- recipient Neil Simon’s Last of the Red Hot Lovers. A post-show discussion concludes the program. Tickets are $43 with lunch included. Shows are held monthly through April. For information, visit www.jibproductions.org, call 203-293-8831 or firstname.lastname@example.org.