Update (July 20)
THANK you again for your captions and your votes. The winners are:
- : The Maritime Aqaurium showing photographic evidence that all Sharks are not meat eaters! (Grand Prize winner)
- : "This is going straight to my fins."
- : "I wish the Jaws theme wouldn't play every time I take a slice."
- : “When asked, 'What do you want for lunch?' I responded, 'A little Italian would be nice.' I am so misunderstood. Sigh."
- : "I don't always dine in aquarium cafeterias but when I do, I prefer pizza from under a heat lamp. I am the least interesting shark in the world..."
- : “whenever I put hot pepper on my pizza, I sneeze underwater and wind up going backwards”
Update (July 16)
Welcome back everyone, and THANK YOU to everyone who captioned the Maritime Center at Norwalk's "Sharky" photo.
With much difficulty and debate, Norwalk Patch has narrowed our field down to 10 finalists, all vying for one of five family 4-packs to the aquarium — or the grand prize of an annual family membership!
Choose the winner by posting a comment below with the number (see assigned numbers above) of your favorite caption.
Winners will be announced at 2 p.m. Friday!
Original Post (July 9)
It's summer and that means camps and camping, beaches and barbecuing, baseball and swimming, and one of our area's best options is , whose exhibits and animals, cruises and educational programs and IMAX theater draw visitors from the entire region.
Caption the photo of 'Sharky' above (just click where it says "Leave a comment" below) and you'll have a chance at winning a family 4-pack to the aquarium, and the grand prize of an annual family membership. A terrific, fun exhibit on now is "Touch a Shark!" — which includes a 6,000-gallon "Touch Tank" filled with sharks, stingrays and skates (more details below).
Here's how the contest works:
- Enter your caption or captions in the comment thread below.
- Patch will take captions through Sunday, July 15, and present a list of finalists in one screen grab on Monday, July 16.
- Winners will be selected with the help of Patch users. You will vote on your favorite caption through the "comments" section on this story (Example: I think No. 1 of 50 is the best).
More details about the contest are attached.
Here's some more quick facts about the aquarium's "Touch a Shark!":
- You can touch these sharks because they have teeth under their head, not out front like the 12-foot sand tiger sharks in the Aquarium’s open ocean exhibit.
- See baby sharks even before they’re born as they wriggle in their egg cases.
- Take your picture in a shark cage OR take your picture in front of giant megaladon (mega-la-don) jaws of an ancient shark that makes today’s great whites look like guppies.