.

$50,000 Reward Offered For Double Homicide Information

In 2011, two persons were found shot to death inside a car parked on Avenue B.

The state is offering a $50,000 reward for information concerning a double homicide that occurred in Norwalk Aug. 6, 2011, where the bodies of two gunshot victims were found inside a car parked on Avenue B.

At the request of Police Chief Thomas Kulhawik, David Cohen, state’s attorney for the Judicial District of Stamford/Norwalk, asked Governor Dannell P. Malloy to approve a reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons who murdered Iroquois Alston and Rickita Smalls.

The reward is being offered under Connecticut General Statute §54-48, which permits the governor to offer rewards of up to $50,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of capital offenders and felons.

“I am very pleased that both State’s Attorney Cohen and the Governor are supporting our request,” Kulhawik said in a statement released Thursday morning. “We hope that this reward will lead to information that will allow us to bring those persons responsible for this crime to justice.”

In the same release Cohen said, “This reward is another tool to help detectives further their investigation. I am thankful the governor has approved this request, and I join the chief in asking those with information to come forward.”

Police were advised of the murders by a resident at around 7:45 a.m., who reported there was a black car with a broken window and a person inside not moving. The car was near the intersection of Avenue B and Crown Avenue. It was parked with the front end away from the curb, appearing as if it were in the midst of either being parallel parked or pulling away from the curb when the shooting occurred.

Both Alston, 27, and Smalls, 22, resided in Bridgeport.

Alston was a parolee who had been released from state prison on May 16, 2011, according to the Connecticut Department of Correction. He had been under supervised parole.

Before his release, Alston was serving an eight-year sentence for first-degree armed robbery, criminal possession of a firearm, and first-degree larceny. He was arrrested June 24, 2004, by Bridgeport Police and sentenced on Oct. 10, 2004.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Norwalk Police through the department’s Tipline, (203) 854-3111. Anonymous tips can be sent to the department’s website: www.norwalkpd.com. Anonymous text tips can be submitted by typing “NPD” into the text field, followed by the message, and sending it to CRIMES (274637).

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something