.

Norwalk Fire Dept. Responds to Fire in Floor of a Kitchen at Red Oak Ln.

As a reminder: Do not place ashes in a paper bag or any combustible container. Always use a tightly sealed metal container.

Photo courtesy Norwalk Fire Department
Photo courtesy Norwalk Fire Department

This information is provided by the Norwalk Fire Dept.

Wednesday afternoon at 12:56p.m., Norwalk Fire Dept. responded to a reported structure fire at 18 Red Oak Lane. The two-story residential building had smoke coming from a chimney. Engine 1 first on scene reported a smoke condition inside. They discovered a fire in the floor of the kitchen. 

The fire had spread along several floor joists, burning the plywood and hard wood flooring. The fire damaged approximately 100 sq. ft. of area. The occupant smelled smoke, but thought it was coming from the fireplace. The homeowner removed the ashes from last night’s fire and put them in a paper bag which he placed under a desk in the kitchen at 9:00am.

Red Cross was called in to relocate the family, until the electric and heat can be turned on.

There were no injuries to report.

 As a reminder: Do not place ashes in a paper bag or any combustible container. Always use a tightly sealed metal container.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »