1. A New Beginning, 68 Stony Hill Road, Bethel, 203-743-9795. Hot stones, "Caribbean Therapy" and alternative treatments are featured at this holistic and earth-friendly spa. Packages are available, along with bridal services and makeup application. AVEDA products.
2. Dream Spa and HairSpa, 1220 Post Road, Westport, 203-454-3450. Voted a"best of" pick of Westport Magazine, this spa offers hair services as well as typical massages and facials, including maternity. Gift certificates are available.
3. Dermage Aesthetic Center, 300 Danbury Road, Wilton, 203-761-9200. If your idea of a spa day includes Botox and microdermabrasion in addition to Pilates, then Dermage is for you. Of course, massages and waxing are offered, too, as well as makeup application.
4. The Spa at Water's Edge, 1525 Boston Post Road, Westbrook, 860-399-5901. If you're thinking, no, I need to get away to enjoy the spa, consider the Water's Edge resort. A "Girlfriends" package is offered, and rooms overlook the Sound.
5. Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, 2 Bridge Street, Old Saybrook, 877-358-0223. If you want to get away but can't bear to leave Fido at home, the Saybrook Inn is pet-friendly. Voted "Best Day Spa" by Connecticut Magazine, there are a wide variety of treatments and a "state of the art" health club.