Who wants to overpay for college? No one does, but I assure you that 90% of all families overpay, most often by tens of thousands of $'s. That doesn't have to be you though. You can choose otherwise and save thousands by the tens.
Would you ever walk into a car dealership and say- "I'll take that car over there. Where do I pay?" Of course not, so why would you do that when it comes to college and the exorbitant college costs of today? Interestingly enough, the same people that don't like paying $50 for airline baggage are the same people all too willing to overpay their college costs by $100,000.
OK, what can you do about it? For starters, have a plan with a strategy to win admission acceptances and earn financial awards. And it begins right now in October.
It's time to submit applications. Here we begin with our strategy for winning admission acceptances and earning financial awards, our 6-part series The Keys to Winning College Admissions. Over the next three weeks, we will roll out each one in greater detail, here are the fab six.
- Have a plan for applications and a strategy for winning acceptances
- Build your full student-package, build value in you to colleges
- Build relationships with admissions counselors prior to submitting applications
- Interview with college admissions every chance you can
- Demonstrate interest in the college and why the college is important to you
- Follow-up and follow-through to your desired outcome.
Stay tuned for more to come, brought to you by Hans Hanson's Total College Advisory, Wilton, 203.529.3358