New Year's Eve is approaching, and with it, a time crunch for those who delayed picking a spot to welcome 2011. Fear not, lower Fairfield County procrastinators. Patch presents several area events in Norwalk and several in Fairfield County that will appeal to everyone on your guest list—from dancers to yogis and youngsters to philanthropists. If you don't see your New Year's event on this list, please add it to the comments section below.
In South Norwalk:
- is hosting a New Year's Eve bash. From 9 p.m. to midnight, $50 nets attendees an open bar, snacks and a champagne toast to 2011. Tickets are available here.
- , also in South Norwalk, will have 1990s rappers Dinco D and The New School Society with B the Hard Way starting at 9:30 p.m. From 10 to 11 p.m., free pinxtos (tapas) are available at the bar, along with $5 sangrias all night.
- restaurant on Washington Street will have a special New Year's Eve menu (available on the restaurant's Web site). You can make reservations here.
- The Loft will have a $10 cover charge, music and allow people to watch the ball drop on television via the bar's eight-foot screen.
Elsewhere in Norwalk:
- will be offering prix fixe dinner for $75 in two seatings, at 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. (with the latter seating accompanied by a complementary glass of champagne). The restaurant has a special menu for the evening. Reservations are requested.
- will have a $55 prix fixe special menu for the night, including a complementary glass of champagne.
- Meigas offers a 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. seating and another from 8 p.m. to midnight, with live music. Diners may choose either an $85 tasting menu or the regular menu.
- Westport and Weston team up again for their annual First Night festivities. Buttons are $15 to attend of carriage rides, music, child-friendly activities and the U.S. premiere of the Chinese cartoon "The Legend of Silk Boy." Fireworks begin at 9:30 p.m.
- Also in Westport, is hosting a New Year's Eve Ball from 9 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. The ball features dancing, dance lessons, a performance, food, drinks and a midnight toast. Tickets are $85 and must be purchased by Dec. 30.
- Head to the north for First Night Danbury, whose theme this year is "a hat full of magic." There will be music, magicians, arts and crafts throughout the downtown area from 4 to 8 p.m. Admission buttons are $5.
- Sita's Light is welcoming 2011 in Redding with with the group's second annual New Year's Eve kirtan, or chanting session, at the . The cost is $45 in advance or $50 at the door to jam from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- The in Redding is dancing in the new year with the band Soul Daddy. Come dance and enjoy a special New Year's Eve dinner menu from 9:30 p.m.
- Stamford Kappas and FSC Foundation are co-hosting a black-tie fundraiser and New Year's Eve dinner at the . Proceeds from the gala benefit the . Last year's gala raised more than $50,000 for the Stamford Boys and Girls Club. The gala, from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m., includes a silent auction, dinner, dancing and an open bar. Tickets are $75 a person and are available here.
- For New Year's Eve partiers looking to channel their inner Hrithik Roshan, , also in Stamford, is hosting a Bollywood music dance party starting at 9:30 p.m. Fifty dollars per person nets attendees an open bar until 2 a.m., snacks, champagne and party favors.
- in Ridgefield, which doesn't take reservations, will have a $45 prix fixe menu from 6-10 p.m. on New Year's Eve. The bar stays open until 1 a.m. with live music by rock duo Mark Mollica and Dylan Connor.
- in Trumbull is offering a $42 per person prix fixe New Year's Eve menu. Stick around until midnight and enjoy a complimentary champagne toast and party favors.
Check out Patch event picks in other parts of the state and in Westchester .