Lady's Rugby, Martin Short, Winnie the Pooh, Book Signing and Alzheimer's Walk
- Move over guys, ! The Connecticut Yankees Rugby Football Club has introduced a Women’s Team, The CT Lady Yankees. Practice is every Tuesday and Thursday night from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. at Andrews Field in Norwalk.
- Family Fun Night with Winnie the Pooh at is tomorrow from 6 to 8:30 p.m. you are invited to"celebrate literacy with story time, dine in our café, take a photo with Winnie the Pooh, and join in a musical parade," per Stepping Stones website. $10 for members and $12 for non-members. Registrations are highly recommended.
- Martin Short will have you rolling in the aisles at the this Saturday for the fourth annual gala comedy event. $200 and $150 at 7 p.m. for cocktails and "Short" Ribs and "Short" Cake. $75 at 8:30 p.m. for the Performance and Live Auction.
- Book signings: Meet Sara Hacala of Weston, the author of on Saturday at from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., where she'll be signing copies. There's also another book signing Saturday: Joan Lownds will be signing copies of The book follows the case of George Smith IV who vanished from his July 2005 honeymoon cruise: 12 to 2:30 p.m. Saturday at in New Canaan.
- Register now for the , Sunday, Oct. 2 at Calf Pasture Beach. The event raises funds for Alzheimer research, programs and services here in CT. As stated in the ALZ website, "Alzheimer’s is the sixth-leading cause of death in the country and the only cause of death among the top 10 in the United States that cannot be prevented, cured or even slowed. There are nearly 15 million Alzheimer’s and dementia caregivers providing 17 billion hours of unpaid care valued at $202 billion." Donate, walk or volunteer and help everyone affected by this disease.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now