- It's the last clambake of the season! Take a cruise over to Sheffield Island and enjoy a clambake from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday. The Norwalk Seaport Association will ferry you and other passengers "to the historic 1868 Lighthouse for their famous . A true New England dining experience, the evening allows participants to dine in the festive tented pavilion on the lighthouse lawn, with tours of the lighthouse itself included in the cost. Round-trip cruise and dinner is either $58 or $78 per person, depending on entree. Advance registration only."
- Starting this Saturday —the Emmy award-winning PBS KIDS GO! math mystery series—will be the newest addition to . "The exhibit encourages children to make use of their critical thinking skills and approach math with an investigative, positive attitude." The exhibit will run until Dec. 31.
- Don't Shop for your next pet, Adopt one! Each year loving animals who are in need of homes are put down in over crowded shelters. Please head over to from 12 to 4 p.m. and adopt a new friend for you, your family, your kids or even your lonely pet.
- There is a Zoning Commission Meeting tonight at 7:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers, 3rd floor of City Hall.
- Kids from 10 to 17 can learn about and experience military life in the nautically oriented training program of the Dealey Division, a Stamford-based organization affiliated with the U.S. Naval Sea Cadets (for boys) and Navy League Cadet Corps (for girls). The Dealey Division will host an open house at 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 3, at the Stamford Maritime Center, 185 Magee Ave. There is no obligation for members to join any military branch. The program's goal is to spark interest and skills in basic seamanship and to "teach patriotism, courage, self reliance and kindred virtues" in a drug-, gang- and alcohol-free lifestyle.