Dog Show, FCA Benefit, Electrical Safety, Stew's Benefit and Lotto sales
- A little bit of luck and years of customer demand has finally paid off. Or hopefully soon will for shoppers. As of yesterday the Norwalk store along with Danbury and Newington began to sell CT Lottery tickets - Mega Millions, Powerball, Classic Lotto and 31 varieties of scratch games. Tickets can be purchased by customers age 18 and over at Stew Leonard’s Lotto Barn, located at each stores’ customer service desk.
- annual Food, Wine and Beer Tasting Benefit for the United Way of Coastal Fairfield County will take place on Thursday, June 2 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at . Tickets are $50 per person or two for $90. They can be purchased in store or online at Stew Leonard's Wines or The United Way.
- Family and Children's Agency of Norwalk is holding an on-line bidding auction as a counter part to their Imagine 2011 Benefit Live and Silent Auction being held in Wilton on Saturday May 21 at 6:30 p.m. Per the website bids will be accepted until 3 p.m. today and will be entered in the auction on the night of the event. Auction items include travel packages, adventure experiences, tickets to movies, television, concert and sporting events, along with luxury furs, numerous spa and fitness offerings, packages of gift certificates for local restaurants and many other items.
- The Greenwich Kennel Club will be held at on June 11, 2011 starting at 8:30 a.m. Dogs competing in the show must be pre-entered by May 25 as stated by the GKC. This year a booth for the Animal Cancer Foundation will be present and will launch their Pet Cancer Public Awareness Campaign at the show. The event will be host to many other vendors and a silent auction.
- As you may have read before, May is National Electrical Safety Month. Here is another helpful tip from CL&P to make this time of year safe and enjoyable. "Don’t let anyone climb utility poles, towers, pad-mounted transformers or trees near power lines. If your kite should get snagged in power lines or in a tree in which lines might be concealed, don't try to free it yourself. If your pet gets stranded on a pole or if your child’s ball or toy goes into a electric substation, don't try to get them yourself. CL&P customers should call (800) 286-2000."
Become a blogger today!
Get started now