Planning on paying your taxes in person tomorrow? Well, get there before noon; plus more.
- The office will not be able to collect payments or make adjustments tomorrow between Noon and 5 p.m. You can check out the city's website for other options.
- has announced the winners of their Marine and Coastal Art Exhibit. “Marsh Grass,” an oil painting by Kendall Klingbeil of Pound Ridge, NY, won Best In Show and the first Saul White Memorial Award. Norwalk award winners are Ginny Awn, Kathy Draper, Jessica Huse, Lynn Stephens Massey, Richard Ventre and Leslie Ware. Rowayton winners are Pierre Lahausso Jeannette Young Pertz, Eunice Roy and Robert Sachs. An awards reception will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. on Sunday, July 10. The event is open to the public.
- The “Sensational Summer Series” begins Friday with 7 events and ends on Saturday, August 20. The programs are free and start at 10:30 a.m. This Friday enjoy “Green Meadows Bug Van” - "An exciting hands-on program that features reptiles, frogs, bugs, fluffy chickens, baby farm animals, bunnies and hedge hogs."
- Today's free, short film of the week at the is "The Mixed Up Chameleon" from 10 to 11 a.m. After the film the children will build a mixed up animal of their own.
- Saturday, July 16 the will give you a Behind-the-Scenes Tour letting you see "how the sharks, seals, river otters and hundreds of other aquatic species are kept happy, healthy and well-fed." The tour will begin at 8:15 a.m. Attendees must be at least 10 years old, under 15 must be accompanied by an adult. The fee is $32.50 ($22.50 for Aquarium members) and includes Aquarium admission at 10 a.m.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now