Global wearable tech ecosystem event announces sessions focused on today’s technology, devices and services and future trends
Norwalk, CT – October 1, 2013 – TMC today announced that Wearable Tech Expo has announced the agenda for the December 10-11, 2013, conference being held at the Hilton Los Angeles in Universal City, California. The event will explore the burgeoning market for wearable technology products and services. Sessions at the two-day conference will deliver live presentations and educational discussions from industry leaders to provide deep perspectives on the latest wearable tech devices, trends, technologies and the future of this multi-billion dollar industry.
“The Wearable Technology industry is developing at an exceedingly rapid rate, with new companies and products entering the market practically every week. Wearable Tech Expo and Conference brings the entire wearable tech community together to gain and share insights into the industry and provides attendees the unique opportunity to see it all and learn how these innovations will impact their own businesses and personal lifestyles,” said Rich Tehrani, TMC CEO and Conference Chairman.
Agenda topics range from today’s smart watches to tomorrow’s augmented reality landscapes and everything in between. The Wearable Tech conference program includes:
· Opening Keynote Panel: Wearable Tech - The Next Generation Electronics that will Drive Next Generation WT Products This keynote will kick off the event, diving into the next wave of internal electronics and sensors that will drive innovation and power next generation product development.
· The Smart Watch Phenomenon - Extraordinarily Useful or Simply Marketing Hype? This panel will speak to the five-year future of smart watches and provide insight on what to expect from this market.
· Quantifying Yourself - Do All Those Wearable Device Health Details and Graphs Really Make a Difference to Your Health? - Attendees will discuss the hype around health monitors and explore the truth behind functionality vs. fashion statements.
· Enterprise Wearable Technology This session will feature both enterprise vendors and enterprise end users who are working to develop and deploy cutting-edge solutions and discuss how these technologies will evolve at every point in the workforce value chain.
· Fireside Chat: Creating a Wearable Tech Business from the Ground Up - Attendees will learn from an entrepreneur who has taken the plunge in building a wearable technology company from the ground up. Learn best practices, potential pitfalls and the “secret advice” for launching a successful wearable tech business.
· Wearable Tech and Your Brain Waves - Really Useful Devices or Possibly Dangerous Toys? As wearable devices begin to wirelessly monitor brain waves and brain-generated electrical signals via EEG, where’s the line between safe and dangerous when it comes to monitoring information as it’s emitted from the brain. This panel will debate that answer.
· Fashion Technology and WT Design - Endless Possibilities Fashion lovers will have the opportunity to discover the driving force behind a variety of technologies, especially smart clothing and how devices and sensors interact with and become part of the fashion itself.
· Augmented Reality and a Hands-Free World With new technologies designed to enhance visual reality, this session will explore the current state of the art in augmented reality.
· Smart Materials - It’s Not Just the Toy, It’s what the Toy is Made of that Counts as Well As wearable tech continues to grow, new materials come to market to help create the solutions. Attendees in this session will have the opportunity to discover many of these new wearable materials and get a glimpse into tomorrow’s possibilities.
· Will Wearable Technology Prove Itself to be a Sustainable $50 Billion Market? This panel discussion dives deep into perspectives on why wearable technology is either already turning into a significant marketplace or will have a shorter lifespan than expected.
· Wearable Technology in the Entertainment Industry Attendees will have the chance to examine how much of the wearable technology shown in movies such as Tron: Legacy and television shows can actually be implemented in the real world.
· Making Sense of Google Glass - Unsustainable Phenomenon or the Real Future? Attendees will hear expert opinions on Google Glass, including the developers building applications for the device, as well as end-user content developers using Glass in creative ways.
In addition to the panels and presentations, attendees are invited to the Wearable Tech Demo Forum and Reception where they’ll have the opportunity see technology and product presentations from nearly 20 companies. Conference Chair Tony Rizzo notes that, “The Demo Forum gives both attendees and presenters an exceptional opportunity to view new and exciting wearable tech products up close and first hand from a broad range of industries that include consumer, enterprise, health, virtual reality and special materials products. You really do see it all.”
Wearable Tech Expo is supported by silver sponsor, Freescale.
Registration for Wearable Tech Expo is now open, contact Frank Coppola at 203-852-6800 x131 for more information. For media inquiries, contact Ashley Baster. For agenda inquiries contact Tony Rizzo.
Companies interested in exhibiting, sponsorship or advertising packages for Wearable Tech Expo please contact TMC's Dave Rodriguez at 203-852-6800 x146.
For the latest Wearable Tech Expo news, updates and information, follow the event on Twitter at @WearableTechCon.
TMC is a global, integrated media company that supports clients' goals by building communities in print, online, and face to face. TMC publishes multiple magazines including Cloud Computing, M2M Evolution, Customer, and Internet Telephony. TMCnet is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries, and is read by as many as 1.5 million unique visitors monthly. TMC produces a variety of trade events, including ITEXPO, the world's leading business technology event, as well as industry events: Asterisk World; AstriCon; ChannelVision (CVx) Expo; Cloud4SMB Expo; Customer Experience (CX) Hot Trends Symposium; DevCon5 - HTML5 & Mobile App Developer Conference; LatinComm Conference and Expo; M2M Evolution Conference & Expo; Mobile Payment Conference; Software Telco Congress, StartupCamp; Super Wi-Fi & Shared Spectrum Summit; SIP Trunking-Unified Communications Seminars; Wearable Tech Conference & Expo; WebRTC Conference & Expo III; and more. Visit TMC Events for additional information.
Media and Analyst Contact: