FAST Expo concludes inaugural event that featured expert speakers and innovative technology for fitness and sports industries
Norwalk, CT – December 11, 2013 – TMC today announced that the inaugural Fitness and Sports Technology (FAST) Expo has wrapped up, after a full day of sessions and demos on the burgeoning market for wearable, mobile and data technologies for fitness and sports. Held December 9, 2013, at the Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City, California, attendees packed the FAST Expo from start to end.
The FAST Expo featured an exciting lineup of speakers and programming during the one-day event, and included:
· No Stone Left Unturned – STATS and the Discovery and Analysis of Real-Time Player Game Data – An opening keynote presented by STATS’ Director of Elite Development Paul Robbins that explored how U.S. pro sports teams quantify and analyze every movement of live game action with the STATS SportVUPlayer Tracking technology.
· Tracking Player Biometric and Performance Data in Real-Time through Wearable Technology – a presentation and discussion by adidas’ VP of Innovation, Wearable Sports Electronics, Qaizar Hassonjee, that dove into the adidas miCoach Elite’s ability to aggregate both individual and team biometric data and directly correlate this information with real-time, on-field activities.
· Turning Real-Time Biometric and On-court Data into Actionable Performance Gains: The Major Big Data Challenge – Speakers from Medibotics and SAP explored the challenges of delivering effective sports intelligence that can be turned into actionable and truly coachable intelligence, and what data analysis options exist to solve the problem.
· Turning Data into True Sports Advantages – Speakers from Pearl Studios and Pivothead Wearable Imaging presented several case studies where real-time player on-field, on-court and/or biometric data was used to build a true competitive edge or coaching/training advantage.
· Sensor Technology, M2M and Sports Fitness and Safety – Telit Wireless Solutions explored new types of sensors, biometrics, devices that transmit machine-to-machine (M2M) wireless data and how these devices come together into effective systems that can lead to improved sports safety, improved training capabilities and health gains.
· Health and Fitness in Consumers Market—Google Glass and Beyond – Speakers from Byte An Atom and Hexoskin explored special wearable clothing, technology and mobile health software to build consumer, customer and member engagement, loyalty and significantly deeper fitness awareness.
“The inaugural FAST Expo featured a robust conference program presented by the industry’s leading experts and innovators. Attendees were able to learn and discuss the possibilities that are available in wearable, mobile and data technology for the sports and fitness industries, as well as explore how they too can make a successful entry into the market,” said Rich Tehrani, TMC CEO and conference chairman.
The FAST Expo was presented by Gold Sponsor Pivothead, and led directly into Wearable Tech Expo, which was collocated with the FAST EXPO and held December 10-11, 2013, at the Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City, California.
For more information on registering for the next FAST Expo, please contact Frank Coppola at 203-852-6800 x131 for more information. For media inquiries, contact Ashley Baster. Companies interested in exhibiting, sponsorship or advertising packages for FAST and/or Wearable Tech Expo should contact TMC's Dave Rodriguez at 203-852-6800 x146.
For the latest Wearable Tech Expo news, updates and information, follow the event on Twitter at @fitnessportech.
TMC is a global, integrated media company that supports clients' goals by building communities in print, online, and face to face. TMC publishes multiple magazines including Cloud Computing, M2M Evolution, Customer, and Internet Telephony. TMCnet is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries, and is read by as many as 1.5 million unique visitors monthly. TMC produces a variety of trade events, including ITEXPO, the world's leading business technology event, as well as industry events: Asterisk World; AstriCon; ChannelVision (CVx) Expo; Cloud4SMB Expo; Customer Experience (CX) Hot Trends Symposium; DevCon5 - HTML5 & Mobile App Developer Conference; LatinComm Conference and Expo; M2M Evolution Conference & Expo; Mobile Payment Conference; Software Telco Congress, StartupCamp; Super Wi-Fi Summit - The Global Spectrum Sharing and TV White Space Event; SIP Trunking-Unified Communications Seminars; Wearable Tech Conference & Expo; WebRTC Conference & Expo III; and more. Visit TMC Events for additional information.
Media and Analyst Contact: