Mike Gomez, who made the move from Greenwich to Norwalk, said the restaurant is attracting a variety of customers. Next door to Loehmann's Plaza, an apartment building under construction was teeming with laborers.
Fittingly, the My Favorite Place menu features a list of 'Construction Specials.'
"We see a lot of construction workers come in. Also, employees from Stepping Stones and from the businesses in Loehmann's Plaza," said Gomez. "We're starting to see families come in for meals." Atop the counter was a basket of simple PBJ sandwiches, which would have been a clue.
On Monday, My Favorite Place's construction specials were popular with a hungry men in hard hats:
- BBQ Pulled pork with cheddar and pickles
- Salami and Swill with mustard on a roll, chicken cutlet on a roll, lettuce tomato and mayo
- Roast beef sandwich on a roll with lettuce tomato, mayo and chips
- Ham, American cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayo on a roll
- Carnitas - porkloin tacos, guacamole, lettuce, jalapeno and salsa
- Chili cheese dog with fries
There is also a permanent menu. Burgers start at $5.95 and salads start at $7.95. Menu "Faves" include grilled cheese and cup of tomato soup for $8.95 and a house roasted turkey sandwich with avocado, spicy mayo, and lettuce on multigrain for $9.95.
My Favorite Place is located in Loehmann's Plaza at 467 West Ave. in Norwalk.
In Greenwich, My Favorite Place is located in Cos Cob at 1 Strickland Rd.