Suzanne Corrie was elected as President and installed into office by Linda Maggs outgoing District Governor who also happens to be her cousin.
The club has had many female officers over the years. As a member for nine years Suzanne is the first female President of Norwalk CT Lions Club.
Corrie will preside over her first official meeting as President on Thursday September 5, 2013 at 7:00pm at the Norwalk Inn and Conference Center and meet every first and third Thursday from September to June for any one interested in becoming a member.
Lions fundraising proceeds are given to Lions eye and hearing research programs, Fedelico Seeing Eye Dogs and local Norwalk projects, including:
- Norwalk Public School Science Fair
- Camp Horizon and Camp Hemlock
- Norwalk & Brien McMahon HS Graduation Party
- American Cancer Society
- Lions Club International Foundation (LCIF)
- CRIS Radio
- Horizons Student Enrichment Program
- Macular Degeneration, Glaucoma and Diabetes Awareness
- Lions Low Vision Centers
- Speech and Hearing Programs
- Lions International Little League Sponsored Blood Drives Support
- Guide DogsEntertainment for Senior Citizens
- Hearing Assistance for the Maritime Aquarium I Max Theatre
- Devon’s Place
- Eyeglasses to local needy residence
- Hurricane &Tsunami relief fund
- Connecticut Lions Eye Research Foundation (CLERF) have isolated the first two genes related to macular degeneration.
We are in great need of donations of new, old used or unused glasses and hearing aids for distribution to the needy of the USA and around the world.
Please send or drop glasses and hearing aids off at:
c/o The UPS Store
304 Main Ave.
Norwalk, CT 06851
Contact us at email@example.com
Please like Lions on FaceBook
The Norwalk Lions Club is a chartered member of The International Association of Lions Clubs one of the largest service organizations in the world.
The Lions mission is “To create and foster a spirit of understanding among all people for humanitarian needs by providing voluntary services through community involvement and international cooperation."