- Saturday, Jan. 11 Join Adopt-A-Dog for a Meet n' Greet at Pet Pantry Warehouse at 290 Railroad Avenue in Greenwich from 10:00am to 2:00p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 11 Tails of Courage Adoption event from 1:00-3:00 P.M. at Petsmart Norwalk , 525 Connecticut Ave. in Norwalk
- Henry, in Stamford, is a small Chihuahua with a big personality and a favorite of OPIN volunteers. He loves walks and other dogs and is just 8 pounds. Henry came to the Stamford shelter having been found alone in the elements. He was taken to the vet for a good check-up and provided all the medical care needed. Now Henry’s in tip-top shape and ready for a new home.
You can visit the shelter at 201 Magee Avenue in Stamford 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and late on Wednesday evenings (due to OPIN's free dog training at 6:30 pm) - no appointment necessary! For more information about Henry or, any of the other dogs or cats available for adoption, call the shelter at: 203-977-4437 or, visit OPIN’s website at: www.opinpets.org.
- Birdie at ROAR in Ridgefield. "Birdie is 7 months old and will be large when grown. Choose your clubs and come by ROAR to pick out your caddy! We've got par pups looking for a good drive home. These Hound mixes from Tennesee want to play in the short grass but not before sinking into your heart. Birdie is the lone female left of the litter. She is a very sweet but a little bit shy girl who just loves human attention! Once she warms up to you she will be your best friend for life. She walks well on a leash and would probably be good with just about any other dog or cat you may have at home." ROAR is located at 45 South St in Ridgefield.
- Lizzie at Mt. Vernon Animal Shelter in Weschester. "After several months of waiting for a home, we decided to take another long look at Lizzy to see if there was some reason why no one has snatched this sweet girl up yet. Loves dogs, check. Loves people, check. Knows obedience commands and training games-check. Loves fetch, check. Loves the snow-check. Loves the water-check. Lizzy recently lost her 2 most favorite canine boyfriends, Danny and Oddie, when they found their forever homes and while she is fast making new yard friends, what would make her most happy is to be comfortable and loved in a home of her own. She has a wonderful mix of breeds in her, each contributing all the positive traits that make her not only ridiculously smart and agile, but also sweet, gentle, and attentive too! You can't go wrong with Lizzie as she is amenable to playing in the yard by herself, with another dog, or even just entertaining herself in our training room with toys and chewys and taking lots of naps. The one thing that Lizzy does not like is spending long hours in her kennel and we don't really blame her because she is a young dog between 1-2 years old who should not be confined.... She would really thrive in a home dynamic and has been gentle and respectful with kids of all ages that have met her so let's make 2014 the best year of her life by finding her a true forever family. She is up-to-date on her shots, spayed, and ready to hop in your car for her freedom ride. Watch Lizzie's video: http://youtu.be/27GpzL5UfrY Watch Lizzie playing with her playmate Danny here: ? Shelter Website: http://www.mtvernonanimals.org/
- Rusty and Jillian at Adopt-A-Dog in Armonk, NY. A King Charles Mix (Rusty) & Jack Russell (Jillian) "Rusty and Jillian are a sweet, bonded pair. Both are 11 years old, and have lived their entire lives together. They have calm dispositions, and would love to have a home of their own to spend their golden years in. Rusty requires daily eye medications, which he sits patiently for."
"Ouch! It Burns My Paws" – What a Dog Might Say in a Snow Storm
What to Look for in a Reputable Dog Rescue Organization