“It’s simple. We’re a group of parents with SUVs and Minivans, just like you.”
I would like to introduce a new business that recently joined BuyLocallyCT.com and that’s Back Up Better – Vehicle Safety Products, (www.BackUpBetter.com). Tony and Joe are two dad’s in Connecticut that saw an important need to help driver’s take extra precaution when in their vehicles backing up to be able to see children more easily.
Did you know… According to a study by KidsAndCars.org, “In the U.S., 50 times a week, a child is backed over and killed in a driveway. Usually in their own driveway. Usually by their own parents. And usually by SUV’s, which are notorious for rearview blind spots.”
Tony and Joe read all the horror stories. They’ve seen them in national headlines. More importantly though, Tony and Joe saw this happening in the driveways and parking lots much too close to their own homes. There are tens of millions of vehicles on the roads today that have no line of sight to what is directly behind them, and in many cases, what is to the immediate side…Blind Spots! So, Tony and Joe decided to do something about it.
Tony and Joe researched the subject. Compiled the stories. Researched solutions and tested products in the real world, with real people… with their neighbors and friends and with their neighbors and friends (many of whom are quoted below). They found simple and inexpensive solutions that really work. Back Up Better Rearview Lenses and Add-on Blind Spot Mirrors, simple and inexpensive solutions designed to eliminate blind spots and reduce the risk of back-over injuries.
Both the Back Up Better Rearview Lenses and Add-on Blind Spot Mirrors attach to the SUV and Minivan inside rear windows and driver and passenger side mirrors, dramatically increasing a driver’s field of view directly behind and alongside the vehicle (70% in many cases/in the picture section), virtually eliminating blind spots. Back Up Better products do not require that drivers change anything about the way they drive. Many vehicles today come installed with a backup camera in them, which is nice, but there’s also a lot of shortcomings from this. The main one being that you have to look FORWARD, at your dashboard, to see BACKWARD! If you do that you limit your field of vision to only what the camera see’s, nothing else but a limited view of your “Blind Zone/Spot,” the area directly behind your vehicle. For example, if a child were running towards your vehicle, into the camera, you would not see the child approaching. You would only see him just when he is right behind you in the camera’s view, but that might be too late to stop fast enough.
- In 2008, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimated that 18,000 backover injuries occurred annually, of which 292 were fatal.
- Passenger vehicle backovers were responsible for 95% of all injuries and 78% of all fatalities (where vehicle type was identified),
- Backover fatalities happen most commonly in the driveway
The Solution is:
- The Back Up Better – Rearview Lens that comes in two sizes – one for Small to Mid Size Vehicles – 8×10″ for $14.99 and for Full Sized SUV’s – 11×14″ for $23.99. Very affordable and priceless in my opinion for saving lives!
- or you can choose the Back Up Better – Add On Blind Spot Mirrors that are sold in pairs for $6.99 for Small and Mid-Sized Vehicles and $12.99 for Mid-Sized and Large Vehicles.
Here’s what people are saying about Back Up Better’s Rearview Lenses:
- “I didn’t think smaller cars needed them but I was wrong. Backing, parking and in malls – they are a lifesaver. The lens gives me a lot more confidence and a lot less stress when backing up.” Lisa – Norwalk, CT
- “I like the ability to see everything in my field of vision when I back up and my Back-Up Better lens greatly enhances that view. I have a backup camera but who wants to look forward at the dashboard when backing up, it’s counter-intuitive and you actually see less with the camera.” Tom – Weston, CT
- “The first time I used it, the back-up lens vastly improved my rearward visibility. I have come to rely on it so much. It’s the first spot I look at whenever I look out my back window now.” Carol – Sea Cliff, NY
- “We have the lens and the blind spot mirrors on the two SUV’s at our home in Mexico. Parking is crazy down here. Too many tourists don’t follow the ‘rules.’ The lens and mirrors have “saved” us often!” Michael and Suzy – Denver, CO
- “I find the back up lens so helpful. I am taking mine with me to put on the minivan I will be renting when I go to Kansas for a visit.” Gail – Weston, CT
Reviews on the Back Up Better Add-On Blind Spot Mirrors:
- “I love these things. I can see much better. Several times these mirrors have made a big difference.” Cindy – Weston, CT
- “Parking is very difficult here in Manhattan Beach, California. There isn’t any! I can’t imagine how I lived without these (mirrors) before. They really works as advertised! With the tight parking here and pedestrians getting hit by cars even with cameras, I need all the help I can get. They make a huge difference. I can see twice as much and am very glad you recommended them.” Richard – Manhattan Beach, CA
- “I love them and use them all the time! They give me a lot more confidence and make a huge difference and piece of mind every time I back up my car. I have a big Suburban without any vision aids. With the back-up mirrors I can see around the car. See things I never could see before like my children’s tricycles and scooters on the driveway, they give me a nice broad vision. I really like them and use them every day, all the time.” Janet – Weston, CT
- “I’m a big fan of these mirrors – I’m glad to comment on them. I gave 3 to friends. I tell everybody they are special and very useful. The mirrors are very useful when parallel parking and changing lanes, especially when I am going over the George Washington Bridge to visit my sister in NJ. The lanes are so tight the mirrors make a big difference. They are awesome products – I’m a huge fan of them!” Gail – Weston, CT
I hope everyone will go to www.BackUpBetter.com and order either the Rearview Lens or Add On Blind Spot Mirrors or why not cover all your bases and order both! You can also call them at 1-855-266-6789. I really feel like these two products created by Tony and Joe are essential in every vehicle and will help save many children’s lives and bring down that number of fifty times a week that a child is being backed over. So please welcome Back Up Better to BuyLocallyCT.com. You can “LIKE” them on Facebook by going to: http://www.facebook.com/backupbetter. If you own an auto shop or any type of store, you can also carry these for consumers! Contact Tony.
If you are a business that makes your products locally, please contact me to see about getting your products and information out to consumer’s. You can email me at carissa@buylocallyCT.com or call at 203-223-0127. We're also on Facebook - BuyLocallyCT.com by Carissa Algeri-Gulyas. Thank you.