A group of Fairfield County restaurants have banded together to help raise much needed money to help the victims of Hurricane Sandy. Organized by Dan and Kristien Del Ferraro of OmNomCT, A Buck for a Beer to Support Hurricane Sandy Relief will raise vital funds that will be donated to those in need. From Wednesday, 11/7 to 11/14, when restaurant patrons order one of the beers selected by the restaurant owners, $1 will be donated. As of 11/5, Bistro 7 of Wilton, Dolce Cubano of Stamford (Pending Opening Approval from Stamford), The Ginger Man of Norwalk, Station Eats of Stamford and New Canaan, Tabouli Grill of Southport and Stamford, Valencia Luncheria of Norwalk, and Zaza Italian Gastrobar of Stamford are participating.
Here is a copy of the most recent information including the beers that are being used to help raise money. This post will be updated regularly, so for the most up-to-date information, use this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqJcvTC-pxUQdDJQMFgtYWU5WjJRNUstOUFhMi1lc0E
- Bistro 7 of Wilton: Sixpoint The Crisp
- Dolce Cubano of Stamford: (Pending Opening Approval) Half Full Bright Ale
- The Ginger Man of Norwalk: Any NY or New England Draught
- Station Eats of Stamford: Half Full Bright Ale
- Station Eats of New Canaan: Any
- Tabouli Grill of Southport: Sam Adams
- Tabouli Grill of Stamford: Sam Adams
- Valencia Luncheria of Norwalk: Corona
- Zaza Italian Gastrobar of Stamford: Half Full Bright Ale
Restaurant owners who are interested in participating, should send an e-mail to Dan and Kristien at firstname.lastname@example.org. They have been so excited to see how generous restaurants have been in this time of tragedy. In fact, many responses were received within minutes. By working together, we estimate that these restaurants will help raise thousands of dollars that will help people recover from Hurricane Sandy.